This studio policy must be read, signed and returned to be enrolled for piano lessons at Park Piano Studio.
What to expect at lessons:
Lessons will be held once or twice a week in my home piano studio. Lessons are tailored to each student's age and ability and may include music theory, technique, sight-reading, recital piece preparation, and other areas as needed. Any lessons cancelled by the teacher will be refunded or a make-up lesson will be provided.
· Arrive on time with all music books and materials needed for the lesson.
· Complete all assignments of the week and fill out the daily practice log.
· Please note: The quality and consistency of practice is more important than the quantity, however, I expect younger students to be practicing around half an hour daily and older students an hour or more daily.
· Participate in studio activities including recitals and attend lessons consistently.
· Keep an open line of communication with the teacher about the student’s progress
· Notify the teacher of any situations that may affect their child’s practicing or lessons (for example, is the student struggling in school or having a bad day? Does the student have any medical conditions I should be aware of?)
· Help the student to set aside dedicated practice time and create an environment conducive to practicing (no background TV noise!)
· Parents of older students are encouraged to periodically sit in lessons or bring a video/recorder to listen to their child’s lesson to see what we are working on. Parents of students age 6 and under should be present for every lesson.
· Supervise home practice sessions in a constructive and encouraging manner.
· Help the student to arrive on time, and if missing the lesson please give as much notice as possible. Except for emergencies, if no advance notice is given for missing a lesson, you will be charged for it. The best way to contact me in these situations is via text message at 425-246-1866, especially if I am in lesson with another student and cannot answer the phone.
· Maintain the condition of the piano at home – have the piano tuned twice a year.
· Please arrive and pick up students on time. There is no make-up time for late arrival.
· Know that every student at one point will face frustration with piano. Please be ready to provide encouragement as they develop the discipline to practice diligently and overcome hurdles in learning.
Fees for Private Lessons:
Per Lesson, Per Student
30 Minutes- $40
45 Minutes -$55
60 Minutes -$70
90 Minutes -$95
There is a 5% discount if you pay upfront for 10 lessons at a time.
Financial assistance may be available for parents with financial difficulty on a case-by-case basis.
Please remove your shoes upon entry of the home. Feel free to bring socks or slippers if you wish. Please keep fingernails short and wash your hands before using the piano.
Please sign and return this portion along with your tuition payment:
Student Name: _____________________________________ Birthdate: ___/___/______
Parent/Guardian Name: ______________________________________________________
Parent Email Address: ______________________________________________________
Phone: _________________________________ Can receive texts? ______
Home Address: _______________________________________________________________
(2nd Parent/Guardian Name:_______________________________________________________
Phone:_________________________ Can receive texts? _____
Email Address: _________________________ )
Student Phone: __________________
Student Email Address: ___________________
Emergency Contact Name & Number: ____________________________________________
Has your child had piano lessons before? If yes, what is the length of study and what music books are your child using? ______________________________________________________________________
Where did you hear about this studio?_____________________________________________
Describe your availability during the school year: ________________________________________________________________________________
Any allergies, medical issues or concerns?
Any Additional Comments?
Liability Waiver, Media Consent, and Studio Policy Agreement
I have read the studio policy and agree to adhere to the conditions stated above. In addition, I agree that any concerns must be brought up directly with the teacher first, and the teacher has the right to terminate lessons at will. I authorize Park Piano Studio to capture and use video-audio recordings and photographic images of the student and/or his or her musical performances or quoted statements in print, electronic, or online media, for educational and promotional purposes, and without compensation.
In case of medical emergency when the parent is not present, the teacher will exercise her best judgement to find medical care and you will accept responsibility for the medical expenses. You also hereby release Jean Park, teacher at Park Piano Studio and her spouse or representatives from all liability from personal injury, illness, property loss, or damages resulting directly or indirectly from studio activities.
Signature: ________________________________________________ Date: ____________